Saturday, August 22, 2009

Istanbul

As the weekend approaches, my long waited trip has finally arrive...

Istanbul, the capital of Turkey... The place where Europe meets Asia...



How would I say about this place, its full of unexpected things, my whole trip was just unexpected. But then, God has been good to me, He has protected me, and has made my trip quite enjoyable.



First there was a 1 and a half hour delay on my flight, arriving to Istanbul obviously in wee hours at night... I was praying that the bus is still there, so I don't need to take a taxi into the city (which will cost a fortune), there it was, the bus was still waiting... When I got into the city, the public transport network has closed, reluctantly I have to take a taxi to the hotel (after reading so much about taxi drivers who purposely go the wrong way, or a big detour before reaching the hotel) I prayed as I choose the taxi to board, and when I first board the taxi, the driver told me, he don't know where this hotel is, but he will find out on the way... At that moment, I was like "God please save me...", and He heard my prayers, the driver reached the hotel with some help from people around, without any detour... Then at the hotel, it was another nightmare, for the first time I experienced the phase "good things no cheap, cheap things no good". The hotel was really a nightmare, when I went into the room, there was a foul smell from the toilet, and there was no hot water... Sigh... But then, I was just too tired, and I just slept thru the night...

Maybe because the hotel was such unpleasent, this makes me wanna stay out most of the time, I walked around the city, go for the ferry tour around the Bosporous, Grand Bazzaar, the Blue Mosque, Aya Sophia, old city walls... etc etc... Come to think of it, no wonder I can't felt my legs when I finally reached the airport... And there again, there was a 1 and a half hours delay on the flight back to Samsun...

No comments: