Sunday, July 26, 2009

Turkey, Türkiye

Turkey, yes its a bird, much bigger than a chicken, the one that is used for Christmas parties.
But then in the land of Turkey, some people tells me its called the American chicken...
As I soon find out, its actually called hindi in Turkish language. And no, its not hindi from India...

Well this place I would say its a land of friends "arkadas".
And somehow everybody seems to be an arkadas to somebody else...
It is a peaceful place I would say...

This time round, I am in Samsun, according to local people, its the fifth largest city in Turkey.
Right next to the black sea, which I think its not a sea, its just a much much bigger lake...
Well, I stay in a new hotel (0 star), with "sea" view... Yeah, the view was great...
But then, although its a new hotel, the roof was leaking when there was a storm...
I changed the room, and the air-conditioner is not working...
So according to the Hotel, they will come tomorrow...
But then, here in Turkey, there are 2 types of tomorrow...
1. The international tomorrow, which means tomorrow...
2. The Turkish tomorrow, which means next week (Hopefully)
There are also some other things that are really funny like: Mixed up laundry, smoke coming out of the fridge, in the toilet the water flow not into the hole but away...
But again, it was fun, the hotel staff are nice, they are helpful...
They will try their best to take good care of you... Telling you: Problem Yok means no problem...

Its now the 4th weekend I spend in Turkey, so far I have tried the Turkish Bath Hamam...
You first go into the place, they will give you a cloth (more like sarong)...
Then you go into the sauna...
After your sauna, then comes the real thing...
The big hairy Turkish men will come with the scrub, scrub your whole body...
You will see all the dead skin, old dirt, all coming out of your body...
And for your info, I actually bath like 3 hours before I went for the Hamam...
I felt so embarrassed, but the men said, its normal...
So I just lie there like a dead body for him to scrub and massage...
But the massage was lousy...
The ending part was the most scary one, after a long time in a hot room, he comes with a bucket of cold water and pour right unto you... Felt I will get sick, but then all was fine...
Well it was OK, but then not as good as I expect it to be, but then, its just 20 Turkish Liras, what you expect?

And now I am back to the hotel, facing the sea and writing this for all my friends to read...
For photos, please go to my facebook... (Not the turkish bath)

4 comments:

flockgirl said...

come on, u should consider those x hav facebook account juz like me. could u juz upload a few photo here, aiyo...i malas to open an a/c lar...

Unknown said...

hahaha.... i can't wait to see u and let u describe to me how terrible is your bath.... hahhahahaa..... Miss Potato will love to hear that too.....

Poouyu

Defangel said...

wow, wat a wonderful life in Turkey... got turkish hunk tolong u scrub & massage, so sofu...

Anonymous said...

Yes if the truth be known, in some moments I can bruit about that I acquiesce in with you, but you may be making allowance for other options.
to the article there is stationary a question as you did in the fall delivery of this demand www.google.com/ie?as_q=advan pdf password recovery pro 2.21 ?
I noticed the utter you procure not used. Or you partake of the dark methods of helping of the resource. I have a week and do necheg